I am only as good as those who inspire and share with me. I am not the inventor of this lifestyle. I am not the originator. There are so many that have come before me. Their struggles have only inspired me. And I want to share them with you. I will keep adding to this list so that it may help someone else too.
If you follow me on InstaGram, you will be able to find many Keto-friendly people in this community. Search #ketointheruff or #ketosquadgoals on InstaGram and you will be able to find a full wealth of information and support.
Let me start with the one who got me triggered: Manuela.Fun.with.a.G Click on the link and it will bring you to her InstaGram. She has gotten me kicked off and she is an incredible inspiration. She posts videos and a lot of information and can help point you in the right direction. She does great videos on IG and YouTube.
If you saw my post about my balanced plan for 2018 (click here), I mentioned that I plan to visit on a regular basis a local day spa. I know of one around me: Exhale. Day Spa. I highly recommend you find one near you. The main reason I really love Exhale. is that they focus on helping you not only relax but help you with your wellness and restoration. I absolutely love it there.
Great resources and support (these are in alphabetical order, not rated order):
- 2 Keto Dudes: One guy is from America and one guy is from Australia, and both of them have fought off Type II Diabetes. They have great information and I love listening to them on my commute to and from work. Check them out.
- Dr. Jason Fung: This is a MUST see resource. I first heard about this doctor in the podcast by 2 Keto Dudes. This doctor has the most amazing information and ideas about losing weight and fighting diabetes. I have never heard such encouraging and almost revolutionary ideas about nutrition. I am reading his newest book: The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally. And I recently purchased his other book: The Complete Guide to Fasting (link below).
- Go Keto with Casey: I’ve posted some of her YouTube videos on my site. Manuela is the one who pointed me to her. She has a great energy and great information.
- Healthful Pursuit: Leanne Vogel – I found her also through Manuela. She is a Nutritional Specialist and has a YouTube channel and a book that just came out about how to do the Keto Diet. I purchased her book and it’s an easy read.
- Keto Connect: I really like these two: Matt and Megha. They have some great recipes on their website (I made and love the snickerdoodle cookies). They also have a fun podcast: Keto for Normies.
- Let’s Chew the Fat: Or otherwise known as the Keto-OOO Brother – He’s hilarious and does a good range of podcasts, YouTube videos, Keto community connections, and also has a good presence on InstaGram.
Books I’ve purchased on Kindle (so far):
- Emmerich, Maria. Keto Comfort Foods and many other cookbooks by Maria
- Fung, MD, Jason. The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended
- Fung, MD, Jason. The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally
- Ramos, Amy. The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle
- Vogel, Leanne. The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet, with More Than 125 Delectable Recipes and 5 Meal Plans to Shed Weight, Heal Your Body, and Regain Confidence