The key… wait… One of the many keys to success in this lifestyle is good recipes. Lots of them. There are many cookbooks and recipe books coming out for the Keto lifestyle and it’s so exciting! I don’t know about you, but I need a place that I can quickly come to and find a good recipe that I’ve either tried or want to try. So that’s why I’m developing this spot in my blog site. I’m going to start collecting recipes.
- Barbecue Sauce – This recipe is done by taste. There are not measurements. You add more or less depending on how you like your sauce to taste.
- BLT, no bun – Use the fat hothouse tomatoes as the “bun”.
- Blueberry Lemon Bread – We tried this one and it’s delish. Add some melted butter.
- Broccoli Salad – I loved my mom’s Broccoli Salad, but I had to hack it and make it Keto. She used cashews, raisins, carrots, and sugar. So, I switched some things around.
- Broccoli Tots – I haven’t tried it yet, but skipping the breadcrumbs should be fine. I don’t think it would hurt the recipe. But we’ll see.
- Brussels & Brie – I had some brie that I just got from Costco. I was trying to figure out what to put with it. I saw the pine nuts and thought that would taste good, but it still needed something else. We just got some brussel sprouts. Went together perfectly. Roasted the brussel sprouts and melted brie on top. Delish!
- Caprese Asparagus – I haven’t tried this yet, but it does need a little bit of Keto hacking. This recipe calls for honey and balsamic vinegar. I’m thinking we can adjust that to make it a little more Keto friendly. I’ll update here when I try it out. Feel free to comment.
- Carne Asada – I haven’t tried this yet, but I was thinking about substituting the orange juice with apple cider vinegar. I know that this would more Keto-ish, but I’m not sure how it would do on flavor and effect. I’ll let you know.
- Cauliflower alla Vodka
- Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Cauliflower Grilled Cheese – Tested and approved! We love these and they are REALLY filling. The key is the herbs that give it flavor and the best part is all of the cheese. I used five different kinds all on one. It rocked!
- Chili, Keto-style – Put this together after a Farmer’s Market trip. It was chili season and I had so many chilies to choose from! I do our church’s annual chili cook-off, so making chili is important to me. Since doing Keto, not using beans in my chili is definitely a challenge. I will be posting my latest winning chili – Keto Philly Chili. Stay tuned.
- Cheese Bread – I was having some fun one night and made this recipe and video. Everyone in my family loves it.
- Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats – Part of the taste of a true Philly Cheesesteak is mayo and white/swiss American cheese. Find a way to incorporate these into the recipe.
- Cheesy Bacon Dip – Serve with raw bell peppers or pork rinds.
- Coconut Flat Bread – Haven’t tried this one yet, but with only 5 ingredients, I like quick and easy.
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake – I have been doing this recipe for years. A few years ago I changed it from graham crackers to pecans and sugar to Splenda. This time, I used Swerve. So much better. No more after taste. We are going to make this a lot more often.
- French Onion Soup – This is cooked in a slow cooker. Skip the bread. Add more cheese – that’s what I would do. The cheese is the best part anyway.
- Grilled Cheese Buffalo Chicken
- Joe’s Special – Google “Original Joe’s in San Jose, CA” and you’ll find where I got this recipe from. It is already Keto friendly. Didn’t need to hack this one at all.
- Naan Bread – Made this one and it goes great with garlic butter. It was really difficult to get the hang of it once I started cooking it in the pan. Too much oil in the pan and it falls apart. Not enough and it gets too sticky. You really have to play around with this recipe to get it right.
- Oopsie Bread – A staple in the Keto lifestyle for anything you need/want “bread” for. Tip: The longer you bake it, the more “crunchy”/crispy it will be. Less time, it will be more spongy/eggy.
- Pancakes – This is our favorite pancake recipe so far. The whole family loves these.
- Pizza w/Cheese and Chicken Crust – I had fun creating this starting with my cheese bread recipe.
- Pizza Chicken – Add oregano to this into the tomatoes. Oregano is key to getting that Italian flavor.
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Ranch Dressing – A family friend made this to put on top of an incredible Cobb salad. It was amazing.
- Snickerdoodle Cookie – This is my FAVORITE cookie recipe. I use it as my base for all cookies. I have added dark chocolate chips. I’ve added macadamia nuts. They are amazing. Let them cool though before moving them because they will fall apart. But I like it when they fall apart – it means I have to eat them right away because we can’t have messy cookies sitting around, can we?